Sushi Garden – Delicious recipes
Vegetable-Filled Rolled Sushi
* 4 tbs rice vinegar, up to 5
* 1 tbs superfine sugar, up to 2
* 3 cup cooked short-grain brown rice
* 2 x green onions, (white part only)minced
* 2 tbs toasted sesame seeds
* 4 sht nori
* Assorted fillings
* You can prepare these rolls up to one day ahead. Do not cut the completed rolls wrap them in plastic and cut just before serving. For easy assembly you’ll need a bamboo rolling mat available at specialty cookware shops and Asian markets.
* In large glass bowl, mix vinegar and sugar. Add rice in fourths, stirring well after each addition. Stir in green onions and sesame seeds.
* Hold a sheet of non with tongs and toast by waving it above an open flame or place it in a frying pan over high heat until crisp and fragrant. Place non shiny side down on a sushi mat or dish towel. With fingertips, spread approximately 3/4 cup rice over non to make a thin layer leaving 1/2 inch around edges uncovered. Make a lengthwise groove in center of rice place filling in groove.
* Lift edge of mat or towel roll non away from you tucking firmly as you go and taking care not to catch mat or towel in roll. When rolled slightly moisten edge of non; press to seal.
* Place roll, seam side down on a firm surface and cut into 6 pieces with a sharp, moistened knife. Serve with Sesame-Miso Sauce.